Friday, September 3, 2010

Canning... and gardening :)

I am thoroughly enjoying this new found thing!! It takes sometime but Its all worth it in the end!

Now I just need to get a bigger garden to yield more hahah and have some fruit trees and I'll be set!

Me and Danny we up till.. get this.. 3 AM.. EEK! So didn't expect it to be that late! But we have a case worth of Salsa!! ( recipie from pickyourown.org) and More pickles (we cut them thicker this time) They were a little mushy when thin... So they better be good.. I'm tired..and we got 8 hrs of sleep.. I'm not exactly having the healthiest lunch.. Hahah Amp and sinckers! I need a boost before work.. Totally exhausted..!

We experimented with Green Beans.. we dill pickled them.. Kae at work said a guy swears by them.. So we will see... We still have a mass of Jalapenos that need to be picked.. They will be pickled also.. just not dill hahah. Unless danny wants them that way I don't eat them! we have 3 over flowing plants.. The season is coming to and end. Its getting cooler .. Sort of.. we condsider 80 cool haha! No its getting in the low 40s at night.. first frost is FAST approaching!! Grow Watermelon GROW!!! and My pumpkins ;) I have 2 Now! Mr. Watermelon sounds hollow as hell.. he has to be close!! But no sign of him letting go of the vine.. Boo.

I love how I can grow my own produce and can it and preserve it!! Its an awesome feeling :) something that got lost along our current day and age! It tastes SO much better than store bought! I'm just tickled pink with myself :)

I was going to type something else.. but I lost it.. I'll get back to you on that haha!

~Nicki

No comments: