Sunday, April 21, 2013

*insert wrench in plan*

Yeah so.. A wrench so to speak got thrown into 'we totally are going for adoption' plan! While I was reading thru my  Nov/ Dec IVF group on my fourm I visit ( yes we still keep in touch!) One of the ladies mentioned.. Embryo Adoption.. I knew about it.. but I never considered it.. The light bulb clicked.. Its less financially, and I get to experience everything about pregnancy! I should tell Danny about this...

Instantly I knew I hit a brick wall.. Danny was not for it AT ALL.. I told him.. its still adoption.. we just get to experience what we have always wanted. He said he couldn't watch me carry someone else's child, fear of resentment etc. But when you think about it, the same process only I carry the baby. We won't have to go wherever to get the child.. wait a week in a hotel to maybe take home a baby. We will set up a nursery, buy everything, have everything ready, listen to  heartbeat, hit milestones, go to the hospital, deliver a baby, and bring the baby home.. at the end of 9 months. Then it clicked with Danny, he wants it.. I want it.. I told him I wouldn't do it just so he can make me happy , he had to want it too.

It is almost 20 grand cheaper than Domestic adoption, and you get more than one try. Because you can adopt all the couple left over embryos from their IVF.  They would not be parenting the child , they are only genetically related to our child. Me and Danny are O.K With sending updates and pictures of our child to the Bio parents but that is probably as far as it would go.. Not 100% sure we could have another 'family' per say.. we would probably really have to jive with a couple for that to happen. But I think we will tell our children as they got older, the wonderful gift and selfless act their bio parents have done for us and will be forever thankful and grateful.

That is where we are headed.. we still need a home study done and we still need to fix the house.. but not having so much expense is awesome and we can a loan we need to get done what we need done.. the 3 major things, Garage, Porch and Carpet!  I know for sure we can make that happen with Embryo Adoption.

As far as the house goes right now.. Painting and more painting!  We have done 3 doors and 3 door frames, and started painting the spare bathroom!  the door frames are quick but a pain. It takes 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of paint to cover up that ugly brown! Primer.. woo need nice weather to have windows open for that stuff!! But it shouldn't take long to get it all done!


I cleaned up my porch today and got rid of all the junk off of it!  I have a ton of pots. I wish the porch was done so I could do my flower bed.

Thats about it in our neck of the woods.. except the stupid crazy Colorado weather... It seriously needs to be Spring! Over the cold.. and so are my allergies.

~Nicki

No comments: